Friday, January 29, 2010

Holding Poop

Why is it that RAD kids want to hold their poop?

I am dealing with this issue with "Pixie". A couple of weeks ago, she was sitting on the potty. I went in to start her shower. She had brown on her fingers and mouth. I could feel the bile rising in my throat, "stay calm" I told myself.

I asked that question you are never supposed to ask a RAD kid, "What did you do?"
"Nothing"....pause....."Nothing, really Mom"....pause, look away, look back.....
"Ok, I had to see if it was poop or not".
Me, "Where did it come from?"
Pixie, "my butt".
Me, "Then what did you think it was going to be?"
Pixie, fake cry....

In the past we have had many potty issues with "Song". The most recent was last summer. She was sent to her room for saying mean things. When I went up to talk to her, the smell was overwhelming.
Me, "What is that smell?"
Song, "It's not poop"
Me, "It smells like poop"
Song, "It's not, I don't do that anymore. Maybe the cat came in and farted".
Me, "It smells like poop", as I continue to look around her room. And then I found it.
insert heavenly music....
She has a built in box in her room that has a hinged lid on it. She decided to use it as a toilet. Song, fake cry....she spent the night scrubbing until the smell was gone.

The answer to my question is control! They have to control everything, and since they have none in my house, they control what they CAN....and that, is poop.

No comments:

Post a Comment