Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Who cares about the Government shutdown. I don't have time to go any where anyway.;)

What a year it has been!

I will start with our oldest and make my way down the list. Pumpkin has turned 18 and is now living in group home. Her behaviors have become aggressive in the home. She attacked me and threw my back out, gave me cuts and bruises, and kicked me in the face causing me to partially lose the hearing in my right ear. I pray it comes back, but am also so very grateful that it was ME that was hurt and not one of the other kiddos. I see her every week, mostly alone because Pixie is afraid of her, and Digger is mad at her. Song doesn't need the chaos.

Song did 6.5 months in the partial hospitalization school, and did  not achieve any of her goals. They think she may have either borderline personality disorder(as her bio mom has) or as if personality disorder. I immediately got her a mobile therapist. We have enrolled her back in public school, and she has an IEP now, so fingers crossed this will work for her. She has started telling lies again, even a lie that a certain boy at school raped her and she is pregnant. If I could punish the people who damaged this child, I would.

Pixie and Digger now attend a Christian school, and are thriving! Digger got 2 awards last school year; High Honors, and the Christian Stewardship award.

It has been a long year, and at times a lonely one. I have a great support system, including friends and family, but sometimes I selfishly want to just be me again, and work in a museum, attend classes, wear my dress clothes, drive alone in my car, go on vacation to another state to visit a history site, work on my genealogy. I know this is normal to feel this way when things are sometimes so out of control. But, here's what I know. I know tomorrow I will get out of bed and do this all again. Someone has to, or these four children will be lost. I am not just raising children, I am correcting wrongs that have been done to them. I am making them as whole as they can be. I want them to be more than they have been told they can be. My days are full of appointments, activities, family, taking care of my aging in laws, church, school, therapists, medication checks, driving etc....there is no time for me sometimes, but the museums will be there another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment